Join leaders involved in social procurement
Champions come together at Frankston Social Enterprise Hub to:
- share knowledge, challenges and opportunities around social procurement.
- connect with social enterprises, aspiring social entrepreneurs and other members of the community looking to engage with social procurement opportunities.
Champions also get:
- access to free coworking days (every Friday during school term).
- to be surrounded by purpose-driven people from all walks of life.
- regular events at the Hub in collaboration with the Social Enterprise Network Victoria and other partners.
Importantly, the Hub provides a space for Champions to meet, connect and cowork. This includes connecting with local social enterprises.
Frankston Social Enterprise Hub is a place where social enterprises come for mentoring and support, providing an important ‘bridge’ between large organisations’ social procurement strategies and the broader sector development activities of the Hub.
About social procurement in our region
In the Southern Metropolitan region of Melbourne there is a relatively low concentration of social enterprises. As a result, social procurement targets have the potential to actually drive economic activity and jobs out of the region.
This problem is felt most acutely by local governments, corporates and other institutions whose social license depends heavily on community engagement and their ability to create and share value with the communities in which they operate.
Building local social enterprise sector capacity will help keep these jobs local.
“It has been very positive to connect with other organisations at the Hub meetings and to share ideas and experiences in social procurement. “
Ready to be a part of something special at Frankston Social Enterprise Hub?
Join over 300 other organisations, individuals, businesses and social enterprises.
Contact us to get involved in the local social enterprise sector.